Our “Keep It Simple” Approach
Our Services Are
Performed In The U.S.A.
Safety Harbour Creative™ is the Ecommerce Services Brand of Tim McGuinness, Ph.D. & Company
Do You Have A Project Going Off The Rails?
We Can Quickly Get Your Project Back On Track!
Our Experience Spans Massive Numbers Of Web Projects Done Right!
Call us today at
Tim McGuinness, Ph.D. & Company is fundamentally a senior level management consulting, solutions service provider and a knowledge transfer business for the benefit of our clients.
Our services are tailored to the specific needs and challenges of our Customers.
We offer consultative services to provide ongoing support, insights, guidance, and stand-in management to supplement your own team or fill in critical gaps in your own organization. We treat each client as a unique entity and never engage in “cookie cutter” or “one size fits all” solutions. Each activity, service, or project solution is tuned and tailored to the exacting needs of our clients.
The following are a broad spectrum of the services or solutions that we provide. Our foundation is our decades of hands-on experience and the revolutionary solutions we have provided that we apply to your needs.
Please feel free to contact us to explore how we will solve your challenges or enhance your existing teams to accomplish more for you.
Primary Practice Solutions Areas:
- Overall Web Activity Guidance – helping your business identify profitability, efficiency, targeting, content, maintenance, technology, management, and production challenges and crafting solutions in each appropriate area on an ongoing or specific project basis .
- Web Marketing Business Guidance – helping your organization understand your goals and how your current marketing activities are achieving or failing those goals strategically and tactically.
- Web User/Customer Experience Analysis – few businesses are customer experience experts and thus make foundational mistakes about the experiences presented to their customers across their websites, social media, and apps; we provide a process for review and analysis, and remediate problematic approaches to fulfill larger goals.
- Outsource & Third-party Qualification, Selection, and Optimization Support – we help you with such needs as: identifying your real requirements, qualify suitable candidates, negotiate more favorable contractual terms, streamline onboarding and engagement, or optimize ongoing use of services provided by outsourced or third-party providers. This can include re-engineering of your outsourcing processes for greater efficiencies and reduced cost.
- Internal Staff Mentoring & Training – we can use our extensive knowledge and experience to help mentor, guide, and train your internal staff by providing them with a readily available set of supportive resources that allow for greater internal accomplishment and performance, speed execution of business objectives, and overcome bottlenecks in the learning curve. Our goal is to both further professionalize your team and expand their abilities to expand your business profitably.
- Activity & Execution Auditing – we can approach your web & social media activities from a clean external perspective to determine if company goals are not only being achieved, but if there are any inconsistencies, errors, or breakdowns that can impact the final goals or success of those operations.
- Comprehensive Ecommerce Solutions – with more than 25 years of ecommerce experience (from the old AOL through to the web and into the world of apps) and more than $25 Billion earned for our customers, we have unique highest level experience in the online commerce universe. Our services span: site design & UX, taxonomies, perfected & competitively disruptive product content, reduced negative factors & increased engagement factors, optimizing content production processes (in-house or outsourced) for improved efficiency, reduced cost, and substantial up-ticks in conversion. We also provide one-time or ongoing audit services to validate the real state of your ecommerce & marketplace sales channel activities.
- Content Marketing Strategies – our unique “Content Centric” approach gives us the perspective to help you define your content drivers, such as: what you want to achieve, what you want to publish, where you will publish it, and who will produce and maintain it.
- Regulatory Compliance* – we are fluent in most web regulatory schemas from CANSPAM & COPPA, to HIPPA & GLBA Privacy and Security, appropriate INFOSEC practices, Communications Decency Act, Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), FOIA, Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), and others. We are significantly experienced in these regulatory sets and have been principals in the development of many of these best practices and regulatory implementations across industry. In addition we have, and continue to participate in standards bodies to develop new standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Web Accessibility Support* – We can provide a primary focus on Web Accessibility for our clients as it refers to Web content, but Web Accessibility is much larger than that. There are several complex components to Web Accessibility and we can help businesses understand the scope or applicability of these to their web-based assets. It is essential that each enterprise considers how all components work and interact together in order for the Web to be accessible to people with disabilities. This includes guidance for clients required to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act / Assistive Technology – including the New Section 508 Rule: Transition Assistance which became effective January 10, 2017. This can be proactive or responsive to avoid ADA related litigation.
We are also proud to affiliate with the Lima Consulting Group providing further Digital Clarity in your Online Advertising and Marketing Channels.
In addition, we provide unique services to our clients to dramatically increase their online value and resolve problems:
- Product Content Perfection – we help our clients understand the true demands of their customers for exceptional product content and information. We vast experience with major top tier ecommerce companies has allowed us to perfect designs and approaches that result in dramatically higher conversion and top line revenue. We can design disruptive content styles specifically and uniquely for your business, and then train your staff or outsource provider in how to efficiently produce these designs for your ongoing success.
- Ecommerce & Marketplace Audits – we can increase engagement, conversions and top line revenue with our unique Content Centric Approach and Audits. These are tailored to the specific environment of each client, but can include: Audit of your Product Detail Pages; Audit of your Taxonomies; Audit of your UX & Navigation; Audit for Duplicate Content; Audit of your Marketplace Products for correctness and visibility.
- Web Project Management & Stabilization – it is common for internet projects to run off the road, regardless of who is doing the work we bring our vast experience to help you restore your project integrity – from design, to development, to deployment and turn-on. We can bring our experience to your existing team to identify challenges and define solutions that give you the solution that you desired from the beginning. We employ Lean solutions with decades of Quality Assurance experience. We help you create more value for your customers with fewer resources. We understand customer value and focus on key processes to continuously increase it. Our ultimate goal is to move your project to provide perfect value to you and your customers through a perfect value creation process that has zero waste.
- Reputation Development & Remediation – with 22 years of online reputation experience for small, medium, and large clients, we understand the processes for both repair and development of positive reputations on the web. Many of the techniques in use today we developed by our team. Our clients have gone from massively negative reputations online to becoming prominent thought leaders in their industry, to achieving singular status (such as Business Ambassador for the Governor of Florida). We also apply our skill set to political candidates successfully with a 100% election rate in 2016.
- Core Product Subject Matter Knowledge – with vast experience in numerous categories we know products and services, and with the ability to absorb the critical knowledge you need to excel in your business pathways. Thus we provide insightful support deeply dived into what makes your company and market unique for you.
- European Privacy & Related Regulation Compliance – we help you determine whether the GDPR applies to your company, and if it does, how to assess your company’s readiness to comply with this new law; help you to build a project plan including best practices and examples of how to conduct a gap assessment, assign levels of effort and create a project timeline; put your plan into action and conducting a data mapping analysis, designating a Data Protection Officer, addressing EU Data Transfer, conducting Privacy Impact Assessments, implementing consent mechanisms, and addressing other key requirements of these regulations that affect transatlantic businesses.
- Social Engineering Scams Security Audits & Training – as one of the industry’s experts in a broad range of socially engineered scams and other forms of online fraud including BEC (Business Email Compromise scams), we provide your business with unique services to help you train your personnel to be resistant against social engineering scams, and provide audits to validate the degree that your enterprise retains its hardening. In additional, we are a full Corporate Member of SCARS the leading non-profit advocacy, education, and victim’s support organization worldwide combating global online fraud.
- Internet Troll Strategy Support – we have significant experience addressing the problems that Internet Trolls, Haters, and that Harassment can bring to your business and brand. We can work with your web team and attorneys to help resolve overt hostility online and mitigate the damage that can result to your brand. We can show you the ways to resolve these issues effectively.
- Expert Witness Services* – we can provide support in a number of areas in the event that you confront litigation or other regulatory actions.
Regardless of your specific need, allow us to explore how we can utilize our unique skill-sets to deliver a superior solution. Contact us today!
Some Of The Regulatory Sets* We Work With:
- HIPPA Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act & Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) – HIPAA Business Associate
- GLBA Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- COPPA Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- CAN-SPAM Act
- Data Security & INFOSEC
- Red Flag Rule
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
- U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
- EU GDPR EU General Data Protection Regulation
- ADA Americans with Disabilities Act & UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Web Accessibility – ADA Americans With Disability Act – Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act / Assistive Technology – including the New Section 508 Rule: Transition Assistance
- FDA GCP Good Clinical Practice
- CDA Communications Decency Act
- ECPA Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- FOIA Freedom of Information Act & Sunshine Laws
- CISPA Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
- CFAA Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- US Dept. of Defense DITSCAP / DIACAP
- NIST RMF RISK MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
* We are not a legal practice nor attorneys at law. The practice of law is for legally licensed attorneys only. We offer procedural and process based services to support compliance in concert with our client’s own attorneys under their legal opinion and review, in conformance with industry best practices. The services that we may offer may be subject to limitations under state or federal law.